This taco bowl recipe brings together all of the best flavors of Mexican food without the vegetable oil-drenched corn chips or flour tortillas
Grain-Free Taco Bowl Recipe
An easy stir-fry with Tex-Mex flavors. This is a great fast meal for a busy night and is also delicious for breakfast!
– 1 lb ground beef
– 2 medium yellow onions (thinly sliced)
– 2 bell peppers (diced)
– 2 medium zucchini (or yellow squash, diced)
– 2 cups fresh spinach
– ¼ cup taco seasoning
– shredded cheese
– sour cream
– lime wedges
– In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high until cooked.
– Remove from the pan and set aside.
– In the same skillet, saute the chopped onions, peppers, and squash, stirring frequently, until starting to soften.
– Return the meat to pan.
– Add the taco seasoning and stir.
– Add fresh spinach and continue to cook just until spinach wilts.
– Remove from heat and serve with any desired toppings.
To use as a breakfast scramble, simply make a frittata or put in an omelet.